If you’re watching your calorie intake, eggs are a great food to include in your diet. . In this blog post, we’ll explore the calorie content of eggs and how they can fit into your healthy eating plan.
Calories in Eggs
One large egg contains approximately 70-80 calories, depending on how it’s cooked. Here’s a breakdown of the calorie content for various types of eggs:
- One large boiled egg: 78 calories
- One large poached egg: 72 calories
- One large fried egg: 90 calories
- One large scrambled egg: 91 calories
It’s worth noting that the calorie content can vary depending on the size of the egg. Smaller or larger eggs may have slightly fewer or more calories, respectively.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_as_food
Eggs and Weight Loss
If you’re trying to lose weight, eggs can be a helpful addition to your diet. Research has shown that eating eggs for breakfast can help you feel fuller for longer, which can help you eat fewer calories throughout the day.
In one study, participants who ate eggs for breakfast consumed fewer calories at lunch compared to those who ate a bagel with cream cheese. Additionally, the egg-eating group reported feeling less hungry and more satisfied than the bagel group.
Of course, it’s important to keep in mind that adding eggs to your diet alone won’t necessarily lead to weight loss.
Eggs and Nutrients
In addition to being low in calories, eggs are also packed with nutrients. One large egg contains the following:
- 6 grams of protein
- 5 grams of healthy fats
- Vitamins A, D, E, and K
- B vitamins, including folate and choline
- Minerals such as calcium, iron, and potassium
Eggs are particularly high in choline, a nutrient that’s important for brain function and development. They’re also one of the few dietary sources of vitamin D, which is essential for bone health.
How to Include Eggs in Your Diet
There are many ways to enjoy eggs as part of a healthy diet. Here are a few ideas:
- Boil a few eggs at the beginning of the week and keep them in the fridge for a quick and easy snack.
- Make an omelette with vegetables for a filling and nutritious breakfast.
- Add a poached egg to a salad for extra protein.
- Make a frittata with leftover vegetables for a quick and easy dinner.
Eggs are a nutritious and low-calorie food that can be a great addition to a healthy diet. Whether you’re trying to lose weight or simply looking for a nutritious snack, eggs are a versatile and delicious option. Try incorporating them into your diet in a variety of ways to enjoy their many benefits.